Place In Time 3

Whew! Can you believe that there were almost 150 amazing entries in this month's challenge before the first winner was selected on the 15th!  My grand-daughter stepped in and said I had to increase the limitation on the number of entries....so I did which means if you haven't entered 3 times yet, you still can.

For this post I am returning with Series III of my "Place In Time Cards" project and this series was just as much fun to make as all the others. The colors for July and September were my favorites!  So without any more chatting I'll jump right in with showing them off.

 I have an announcement at the end of this post that I will appreciate you reading before you leave. 




First as usual we will take a look at the sketch we had to follow:
I just love how the sketches are all so very similar, but they each have their own cute signature with multiple layers adding to the style.




We now take a look at all three cards together.

July - August - September

JULY

The month of July is often celebrated with the faithful colors of Red White and Blue, and Graphic 45 has stayed close to those colors with muted reds blues and an ivory in their paper blend. 

Here is a peek at the inside using the same paper sheets.  For this series I wasn't as careful in my planning so I did use 2 12 x 12 paper sheets per card.

It made it so much easier to carry the theme over to the inside of the card.



AUGUST

I'm not real sure about the photos or the color palette used for August unless it signifies harvest, since the photos appear to be focused around cooking, harvesting and planting I think.  At any rate the colors and design did lend me to giving this card as a congratulations to a new home owner.

The inside came to be quite by accident.  My original thought was destroyed when it was attacked by a bottle of ink that turned over after I bumped the table.  Why did I do that you ask?

Well when your home has been totally quiet for approximately an hour or so and then all of a sudden your dog gives out one heck of a bark...it can startle you (smiles).


SEPTEMBER


I love the colors Graphic 45 selected for September!  But of course the ABC Primer collection was one of my favorites and now it has been discontinued...guess it was a favorite for lots of folks out there.  There are very few sheets still hanging around but they won't be for long I bet.


I kept the inside real simple and hope to maybe add a pocket later as a gift card or money holder.

School will end for the summer in a couple of months but will return come September, so this is one card down and three to go.





So there you have Series III of my project and of course if you'd like to try it yourself
  CLICK HERE  for the .pdf  tutorial provided by Gloria Stengel.

***********************************************************************
ANNOUNCEMENT

As I have stated many times, Mema's Crafts consists of a grandmother, her two grand-daughters and one very supportive friend.  For the first two years it was just Mema and the two girls creating and having fun and then for the past year Joyce Owens of My Enchanted Paper Creations has been supporting us with our designs and it has been a blast.  Unfortunately, Joyce has decided to take a break due to life catching up with her so there will only be myself, Gabbi an Ari to create for you.

We're not going away...at least not this year anyway.  However I am looking for two or three designers to join our team.  We don't require anything except that you have fun and create 2-3 cards per month that follow our theme for that month and you remain on the team for at least 4 months.
Our sponsors will provide the images to us and we create the project (doesn't have to be a card). Like I said, we're just crafters having fun and trying to introduce our sponsors products to others by bringing to life their images or using their material and/or products.

  Your journey with us would start for our June Challenge.
 If you decide that you'd like to join us for a while
simply leave a comment and add the letters DT at the end of your name.

Thanks for stopping by
Hugs
~Lesia~

9 comments:

knitmachinequeen (KMQ) said...

I think I'd be interested in joining your design team.

kiwimeskreations said...

Love these card Lesia - you have a real talent that shines beautifully through these cards.
Blessings
Maxine (DT)

msafrocentric2012 said...

Nice nice nice

Linda Simpson said...

These are fabulous. Good luck everyone who apples.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Crafty Judith said...

Hi hun fabulous makes - I'd be interested in joining the Design Team too xxx

creative lady said...

Hi Lesia,

Great cards and I am on a DT with Gloria, she is so talented. I would be interested in joining your DT.

Thanks for the consideration.

Donna - DT

Lisa :) said...

I would love to join your DT I think it'd be very fun!!

Lisa (DT)

Papercrafting Princess said...

Your cards are always beautiful inside and out. I would love the opportunity of joining your Design Team. Princess DT

PennyRae's Mandala Creation's said...

Would love to join your Design Team. PennyRae DT

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...